Hello all! Tomorrow is our first writer's workshop. I'm pretty excited for it, and you should be, too. Because I'm betting if you ask folks who have participated in workshop before, they'll tell you it's an enjoyable experience and you'll get loads of meaningful feedback by the time it's over.
Below is a document outlining some of the philosophy of workshop. But let's take a moment to talk about how it will work. So you might want to listen up. :)
1. I will provide you with copies of your and your group members' work. Someone will volunteer to go first.
2. Writer will tell group HOW to critique his or her work...
3. Group reads and marks up writer's draft, specific to requested critique.
4. Group shares out critiques. Writer has chance to ask questions.
5. Group passes critiqued draft to writer. Writer leaves with lots of thoughtful and meaningful feedback.
That's it! Can't wait to get started.
Until tomorrow, Litters...